Swimming – Children
Specially prepared for children – for all abilities and ages.
Shape Sports Swim School offers structured programmes for both non-competitive and competitive swimmers for all abilities and ages.
Our trainers teach the optimal balance of swimming technique and water self-confidence in a friendly and safe environment.
The program is created not just to teach your children to swim, but to help them be water conscious, both safe and appropriately confident around water.
Swimming – Beginners
Children 3-7 years
Children who cannot swim yet or have just begun to learn their basic water skills will enjoy their time in our friendly sessions. They will learn the basic swimming techniques and how they interact with water. Our specially trained coaches will ensure that every single child will have patient and nurturing coaching.
- Developing foundation water skills; basic floating, confidence and motor skills through play.
- Developing advance water skills; basic movement skills and water confidence skills, ducking the head.
- Developing safe entries to the water, including jumping, travel and unaided rotation to regain upright positions.
- Developing kicking techniques for all strokes.
- Introduction to basic swimming technique; basic breaststroke.
- Swimming games and water play.
Swimming – Advanced class
Children 5-14 years
It is the continuing course of swimming and it is meant for children with some basic skills in swimming and for those who would like to improve it and make it better. It lasts 30 or 60 minutes in and at the water. In that time children will learn four techniques of swimming, water jumps, basics of rescuing from the water and some other activities connected with water (diving, rowing…). The purpose of that program is to be both fun and practical, we try to use up the natural energy of your children with plenty of new things to learn. The group will consists of up to 10 children with 2-4 swimming teachers (it depends of an age group), which will insure a fast progress and a possibility for us to pay attention to every child.
- Developing endurance in breststroke techinque
- Developing advance breststroke techniques
- Developing backstroke techniques
- Developing freestyle techniques
- Developing the water safety aspects
- Water sport games
At Shape Sports you will find our swim coaches take a caring approach to teaching children to swim. Coaches are trained to help children to adapt and enjoy to the learn to swim environment.
Our coaches (including Jean Jeavons Appleby former British Olympian) have a relevant ASA qualifications are CRB checked and fully insured.
Sign your children to swimming classes
Simply fill the form below and we will contact you shortly. You can also give us a call: 0740 22 999 88